Bent and Flat Toughened and Laminated Glass
Glasshape offers a comprehensive portfolio of fully certified architectural toughened glass for interior and exterior designs. Toughened glass (or tempered glass) is strengthened using a complex heating process before being rapidly cooled. This toughening process makes it several times stronger than standard annealed glass. australia
Perfect for internal partitioning, stair and atrium balustrades and frameless doors; to name just a few of its applications, our toughened glass solutions provide high-level safety and strength. Even if it breaks, it will shatter into small, rounded pieces, making them less likely to cause damage or injury.
Toughened glass differs from laminated glass in its design and specific uses. Laminated glass is typically produced using two panes of ordinary annealed glass that are joined together with an interlayer to provide maximum strength and durability. This keeps the glass panel intact even if it breaks.
This safety aspect is one of the most important advantages to using laminated glass. Glasshape can provide both toughened and laminated glass solutions to meet your specific requirements.
TemperShield® Features and benefits
TemperShield is a versatile premium glass product providing high-grade solutions for commercial and residential settings. It is compatible with security, thermal and decorative glazing, making it a highly customisable product that can fit a range of different projects.
- 2D, 3D and complex curves, including conical, spherical, J-curves and tangents.
- Thicknesses from 4mm (1/8″) -19mm (3/4″).
- Standard dimensions up to 3900mm (154″) x 2440mm (96″) and oversize capabilities.
- Compatible with laminate and print.
- Large range of glass types available off the shelf or bespoke to your specifications.
- Exteriors: TemperShield® is a highly versatile solution that can be customised for exterior-facing projects, including shop front displays and revolving doors. Our expert team of designers can combine TemperShield® with VisionInk® glass-printing capabilities to control SHG and VLT properties. It can also be used for curved rooflights in atrium and other entrance way spaces.
- Interiors: TemperShield® can be applied to a variety of interior spaces to maximise natural light exposure, including for offices, shops, malls, restaurants and cafés. Within these spaces, it’s often used for internal partitioning, stair and atrium balustrades, skylights, frameless doors and glass floors. Use VisionInk® to create striking and colourful digital ceramic images to be fused right into the glass surface.
- Cabinetry: We can modify TemperShield® using Glasshape’s glass-bending capabilities, making it perfect for presentation cabinets. It can also be combined with BanditShield® to provide protection from “smash-and-grab” burglaries.
- Balustrading: Curved tempered glass gives new and renovated homes additional light and space that allow for unobstructed views and protection from wind. Structural balustrades require the glass to take handrail loads, so they must use toughened safety glass. The loading on the glass is determined by NZS4203 or AS/NZS 1170.
- Curved staircase balustrades: Bent glass railings can be used to enhance the aesthetic of a curved staircase, which is the focal point in many large residences. Glasshape produces the tightest bend on a 12mm (1/2″) pane with a radius of just 700mm (28″), an industry benchmark.
- Residential bay windows: Curved glass bay windows help accentuate the façade of contemporary dwellings. Long, sweeping curves allow for distinctive designs and panoramic views, with the generous expanse of glass enhancing the feeling of openness and freedom, while also letting in plenty of natural light.
For non-curved panes we offer maximum dimensions of 7600mm x 3300mm (299″ x 130″). This reduces to 7200mm (283″) if heat soak is required. It’s possible to manufacture flat, toughened, laminated and printed panes up to 15000mm x 3200mm ( 591″ x 126″). Regardless of your specifications, we can work with you to help design the right product.